Economic Security Corporation (ESC) has over 4 different types of Energy Assistance and Repair programs available:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which includes Winter Energy Assistance and Energy Crisis Intervention program for Winter
- Summer Utility Assistance (ECIP)
- ECIP Air Conditioner program
- Red Tag Equipment Repair for Spire customers
- Spire Dollar-Help Utility Assistance
- Water Assistance
To complete and submit the application electronically, Adobe Reader is Required.
You can complete your application and submit it on-line or you can print it out and mail it.
- Mail: P.O. Box 207, 302 S. Joplin Ave., Joplin MO 64802
- If You Have Questions, you can call us at 417-781-0352, extension 515
- Here are the income guidelines.
- Starting Thursday, October 27, 2020, the Utility Assistance Office will be closed to the public.
Winter Energy Assistance Payment dates: November 1 for Seniors, December 1 - May 31 (for everyone else)
Summer Energy Crisis Intervention Start Date: June 1
How Do I Check the Status of My Application?
- Call this toll free number: 1-866-923-2483
- The status of your application will not be available until after the programs START DATES.
To download the printable application, click here: Missouri's Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Application