Spire's Dollar-Help Utility Assistance helps low-income households maintain their primary source of home heat to help them stay warm in the winter.
- Primary source of home heat is the existing system as designed and permanently installed to provide the central source of heating to the home.
- The household must apply and be qualified for Missouri's Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- The household must be in a crisis with their primary source of home heat.
- A crisis exists when the service is terminated or in threat of being terminated.
How to Apply:
If you have already received LIHEAP (Energy Assistance application) at your current address, you can:
- Dropbox: Want to drop off your application at any of our Community Development locations: Lamar, Anderson, Neosho and Joplin
- Mail: Your utility bill to Economic Security Corporation of SW Area (ESC), Attn: Energy Assistance/Dollar-Help, P.O. Box 207, Joplin, MO 64802
- Fax: Your utility bill with a cover page: To: ESC's Energy Assistance/Dollar-Help, fax number: (417) 781-2011
- Call: (417) 781-0352, press 4 or extension 515.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and scan or take a picture of your application, email line: Dollar-Help" and requested documentation.
If you have not applied for or been qualified for LIHEAP at your current address, click here to make an application.
- Email the staff that you are need of the "Dollar-Help" program.